“A cena con…” (Dinner with…): the weekly event that celebrates the encounter of Veneto flavours with history.
If it is true that the journey enriches the soul, then the typical flavours of each place we have visited can also be counted among the treasured souvenirs of our travels. Precisely for this reason, Hotel Tritone has decided to set up a new weekly appointment: “A cena con…”, an imaginary tête-à-tête with the historical figures of Veneto, which offers an opportunity to taste the typical dishes of the Region.
These evenings complete the Hotel Tritone’s gastronomic offerings, which also include the Special Wine and Food Weeks, during which guests can learn more about specific ingredients in a series of events that will continue over the coming months until Christmas.
The culinary itinerary of “A cena con…” visits five provinces of Veneto: the famous Venice; the cultured Padua; Vicenza, the elegant city; Verona, the city of love; and the statuesque Treviso. Each stop is an excuse to discover the history and culture of the city, through the typical flavours that will imbue the dinner, just like a walk through the wonders of the Veneto.
The stars, together with the characters who have written the history of the five cities, will be the typical dishes of the Venetian culinary tradition, each carefully selected and prepared with equal attention to detail by our executive chef Luigi Facciotti. It is the careful selection of the freshest local products that brings to life the classic and unique flavours that Venetian recipes have boasted for centuries.
ALL THE GOODNESS OF TYPICAL VENETO PRODUCTS
The best that our land has to offer is the essential basis for the success of every recipe, and the only ingredient which can give the dishes the incomparable flavours that have shaped the history of our region, and that continue to be brought to our tables every day. The delicious red radicchio from Treviso, the so-called “winter rose” that adds brio to the recipes, will certainly be included. Also starring will be the peas of Lumignano, early fruits that grow in the shadow of the Berici Hills and to which an annual event is dedicated. In addition to the fruits of the earth, the dishes will introduce you to the taste of products such as “luganega”, the aromatic sausage of Veneto, and herrings, which with their smoky, savoury taste, are an excellent accompaniment to that simple cream of corn that so many people love: polenta.
THE EXCLUSIVE TASTE ITINERARY CREATED BY THE HOTEL TRITONE
From the austere foothills of the Alps to the gentle waves of the Adriatic, here is our exclusive itinerary that highlights the flavours, scents and aromas of a land full of charm.
- “A cena con il Doge” is the evening dedicated to the typical dishes of Venice. The offerings have the taste both of the sea, like bigoli pasta in anchovy sauce, and of the land, like “fegato alla Veneziana” (Venetian-style liver).
- “A cena con Giotto” recounts history through the traditional recipes of Padua. Among the typical dishes, we find a rich risotto with peas, veal with sausage and “gran bollito alla Padovana” (Padua-style boiled meats).
- “A cena con Palladio” introduces your palate to the culinary specialities of Vicenza. You will taste tagliatelle with the peas of Lumignano and ham, as well as the famous cod “alla Vicentina”.
- “A cena con Romeo e Giulietta” is an opportunity to discover the flavours of Verona. The city will be described by potato gnocchi and the timeless “lesso e pearà” (boiled meats with peppery bread sauce).
- “A cena con Canova” is the stop dedicated to the typical flavours of the city of Treviso. The risotto with red radicchio and salamella sausage is a must, but the roast goose with celery will also be guaranteed to amaze Guests’ palates.
Concluding our trip in the Venetian courts of the past, having tasted the typical products of the territory, we will start again from the beginning for newly-arrived Guests, with just as many offerings, selected with finesse to become the evocative souvenirs of the five cities of Veneto.
While you are waiting to immerse yourself in the ancient Veneto and its flavours, here is one of the typical recipes of Padua, the province in which lies Abano Terme and the Hotel Tritone.
CONIGLIO ALLA PADOVANA (PADUA-STYLE RABBIT) – INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 2 RABBIT LEGS CUT IN HALF
- 400 G SLICED FIELD MUSHROOMS
- 500 G POTATOES
- 1 TABLESPOON TOMATO PASTE
- 2 CL STOCK
- 2 CL WHITE WINE
- SALT AND PEPPER
- ROSEMARY AND SAGE
- GRAPE SEED OIL
- GRATED GRANA PADANO CHEESE
First, it is important to brown the rabbit in a pan, sprinkling it with wine and letting it evaporate.
Then you can add the broth and tomato paste, cover and bring to the boil.
In the meantime, the mushrooms must be cleaned and sautéed with a whole clove of garlic and chopped parsley. The potatoes should be boiled, peeled and mashed, covering them with grated Grana Padano cheese.
To assemble the dish, take care to put the potatoes in the centre as a bed on which to rest the rabbit leg. To finish, pour over the sauce, sprinkle the mushrooms and decorate with sprigs of rosemary and sage.
The dish should be served as soon as it is assembled, and hot.
To find out the calendar of “A cena con…” dates, you can write to us here or call (+39) 049 8668099